qbertaddict’s Yinlips YDPG16 (G16) review!

No one does review videos on these things better than qbertaddict – so joy oh joy; check out his initial take on the Yinlips YDPG16:

 

qbertaddict:

This is my new toy the YINLIPS YDPG16. It is an ANDROID based handheld that runs on version 2.3.4. The processor is running at 1.1 ghz by default and has 512 megs of DDR3 RAM. It has a 400 mhz MALI GPU as well. My version has 4 gigs of space on the main device and I installed at 16 gig micro sd card. There are some things that I don't like about this device which I mention in the video that can all be fixed with a custom rom or update from YINLIPS. The touchscreen is resistive not capacitve and still isn't very good but that is ok for me since I use this to play games that use hardware based controls. Find out more about it here: http://www.yinlips.com/en/products/details.aspx?v=125

Looks like Yinlips has made progress towards fixing the soundlag in emulators issue:

There is not a sound lag on the default emulators. There is a slight lag on the .emu and the new version of fpse emulators if you don't turn off frameskip. Which is what I didn't do. I am going to do more videos later today that will show that the lag is non-existant

qbertaddict1 in reply to zhironkin0807 13 hours ago

Update:

qbertaddict has done more testing and reports (sadly) as follows:

There DOES appear to be a slight lag with frameskip turned off as well. I can barely notice it(I will do a video of it soon) but others have pointed it out and I can hear it the more I listen to my first video and when playing. The lag does not appear(from what I can hear) on the default emulators if frameskip is turned off though. The .emu emulators seem to have a slight issue with or without the frameskip turn off. The issue is nowhere near as bad as the upgraded ydpg18 though. I just want user's to know all the facts and I don't want them to think I am a fanboy or liar. I have made a caption on the video.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dingoo A380 Review

Mancala for Dingux released (Mandingoo was released in 1975)

Idiot’s Guide to installing Dingux using Windows released

An interview with the creator of the Tauon PC-1, Volodymyr Mishin

How to show all your 17,083 c64 games from the c64 romset (archive.org) on the C64 Mini or C64 Maxi loader

Tauon PC-1 review

Dingoo representative at a320.freeforums.org !

The Dingoo-Scene JXD S7800B (Rockchip 3188 SoC) Android Gaming Console Review